BC Farmers’ Markets Online
We know how buying fresh and local is close to your heart, and with this changing world has become increasingly precious and vital. That’s why we are taking a turn and sharing an option to shop at your local market through BC Farmers’ Markets Online.Find out more
FAQs: Finding a BC farmers’ market online
- To find out, go to “Find a Farmers’ Market”, search by name of market, region or community, and find out on their market listing if they have an online market!
- You can also go to “Find a Farmers’ Market” and select “Online Farmers’ Market” under Features to find a full list of BCAFM member farmers’ markets with online stores.
If the farmers’ market does not have an online market yet:
- Check back again soon
- Follow the market on social media
- Subscribe to the BC Farmers’ Markets newsletter to stay tuned!
Participation in BC Farmers’ Markets Online is voluntary for BC Association of Farmers’ Market members and does not necessarily replace a physical market. Each market is unique and will determine the best operating model for its vendors and community.
Under the current circumstances with COVID-19, farmers’ markets must comply with direction from the Provincial Health Officer and BC Center for Disease Control. Therefore:
- Physical (in-person) farmers’ market vendors are allowed to sell only food which includes fresh, frozen and prepared foods, food carts, and liquor.
- Online markets are allowed to sell food (which includes fresh, frozen and prepared foods, food carts, and liquor), as well as craft and artisan vendor products.
IMPORTANT: In order to comply with direction from the PHO and BCCDC, craft and artisan products sold through the online market are not allowed to be delivered or picked up at the physical (in-person) market. Only food products sold online can be picked up at the physical market. Vendors selling craft and artisan products must make it clear on their online store that those products are not allowed for pick-up at the physical market and other delivery or pick-up arrangements by those vendors must be made.
Each market is unique and will determine the best operating model for its vendors and community. In other words, markets may vary in the online platform they use and how products are delivered or picked up. Visit their online market to learn more.
About the BC Farmers’ Market Online initiative
Currently, 70+ BC farmers’ markets have an online market. BC Farmers’ Markets Online is an initiative that supports and promotes member farmers’ markets of the BC Association of Farmers’ Markets in selling vendor products through an online farmers’ market store. Each market is unique in its operations, and BC Farmers’ Markets Online reflects this diversity. For example, markets may vary in the online platform they use and how products are delivered or picked up.
Please note that participation in BC Farmers’ Markets Online is voluntary and does not necessarily replace a physical market. Additionally, for various reasons individual markets may determine not to develop an online market for the moment.